Job Reference: GOHGVTRAC
Salary: £16-25.00 per hour
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Weekend Overtime
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
Bailey Employment Services is an employment agency recruiting on behalf of our client.
Our client is based in Kirk Sandall, Doncaster, and are involved in the construction and maintenance of rail line infrastructure. They operate a fleet of class 1 HGV vehicles with flat deck trailers to provide the logistical support for their business and they have a vacancy for a Class 1, CE HGV driver and are offering a temp to perm arrangement through our agency with an immediate start.
PAY RATES :
- Monday to Friday £ 16.00 per hour
- Saturday £ 20.00 per hour
- Sunday & Bank hol £ 25.00 per hour
- Night out £ 25.00 per night
This work is best suited to a driver who is prepared to do nights out and work can be planned to tramp for the full week or for 2 to 3 nights out a week. At a stretch the client has said they would be able to plan for a day driver but they prefer the flexibility in their planning to have a driver who is prepared to do nights out.
Flat deck trailer experience with extender trailers is very beneficial with good strapping skills, but training will be provided for applicants who do not have this experience or skill.
Due to the nature of rail maintenance work, there may be a requirement for weekend and bank holiday work at the clients discretion in accordance with the needs of the business, as much notice as possible will be given if weekend or bank holiday work is required.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AND REQUIREMENTS
- UK Licence with CE entitlement
- DQC - Driver Qualification Card
- Digi Card – Driver Card
- Good understanding of Tachograph rules and regulations
- 28 days paid annual leave pro-rata for PAYE (Inclusive of statutory holiday).
- Weekly pay with a week in hand
- Weekend and Bank Holiday work may be required.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C+E
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Training Provided
- Weekend Work
All vacancies are available and correct at the time of posting. Some details may be subject to change